• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay Korea Motor Mounts.. Be careful....

Rags

NAXJA Forum User
Well after 15 years or so my Polyurethane TJ motormount inserts gave up the ghost..... They did not offer any kind of Poly mount back in the dark ages for XJ, but did for TJ...... reused the OEM clamshells and shortned the cross pins to fit in the motormount brackets....guess I got my money worth out of them...little harsh all these years with vibes........

I picked up some Ebay mounts both sides about a year ago for $14.00 shipped for a pair.....

Just installed them last week while doing other stuff, they are Korea made and actually not to bad.... Only quirk is the crosspin, it is about 1/8 short, you can tighten down the large mount bolt and I noticed a gap with the bolt snug, I did not want to reef it down as XJ cast motormount brackets are brittle, I like stuff tight, so installed some Chrysler body shims to take up the space and tightned em down....good to go.....

Just keep on eye out for gappage between the mount and mount bracket using the aftermarket mounts, even old school wheel alignment shims would work.......

poly%20mounts%20xj.jpg

Back