• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Jamb Switches

Spearfisher XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My dome lights stay on with the doors no matter if they are open or closed, so I was planning on replacing my door jamb switches with new ones. The only problem is that my driver side door had 2 flat blade connections on the switch, while the other three doors have 1 flat blade connections. What should I order? 3 singles and 1 double? The Drivers door switch was only connected one of the 2 available connections

Here's the three single blade switches

111_zps53890794.jpg

And the driver's switch

1_zps982fd42f.jpg

The extra spade on the driver's switch is for activating chime features. However, at some point from the AMC Renix to Chrysler years they swapped to just one wire to handle both. My 1987 driver door switch has one spade and one wire to handle both functions.

My 94/96/00 all have the 3 blade on the drivers door. I just got done replacing all three, I've never had to replace any of the other doors switches.

When the lights wouldn't go off on my 98', it turned out to be a wiring loom issue in the pass rear of the cargo area. Another member had the same loom issue and pointed this out after I went thru all the switches with no luck.

Did you test the switch with a meter? This is what i would do first and then order that switch only. Like Offroadordnance said too, check it all out to make sure.

When the lights wouldn't go off on my 98', it turned out to be a wiring loom issue in the pass rear of the cargo area. Another member had the same loom issue and pointed this out after I went thru all the switches with no luck.

Where at in the cargo area? I thought not much was running back there?

Did you test the switch with a meter? This is what i would do first and then order that switch only. Like Offroadordnance said too, check it all out to make sure.

Haven't checked it... Will do though.

Back