• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

worth the money? 77 wagoner dana 44 rear

WEgotYOURrockS

NAXJA Forum User
I have to ask... is it worth getting a Dana 44 from a 77 Wagoner. And put in my 01 xj.

Is it worth cutting down and doing all the work of I buy it for $200 + all the work to fit it?

I currently have stock with arb lockers and would like to upgrade it to the dana 44 with arb...

Not for a rear 44 it aintt worth it, just buy a 8.8 and be done with it

if he has an 01 then he has an 8.25 most likely (since he didn't mention ABS). Making it even less worth the effort.

eww ... that's a d35 ... anything would be an upgrade to that.

either source an explorer 8.8 or a 8.25 both would be less hassle than cutting down a d44. If you do want a waggy d44 search for a later year model 80-92.

for the amount of work, just source an explorer 8.8 with 4.10s and add an ARB (like you would do to the dana 44 anyways). or if you have 3.55s you can find an 8.8 with those too. this way you'll get the gears you want, disc brakes, and a beefier axle all in one shot

Agreed... 8.8, c clip eliminator kit if you feel like it, ARB, done. Easier and possibly cheaper than narrowing a 44 for the rear and putting an ARB in it, depending on if you do the narrowing yourself or have it done. And (if the cclip eliminator kit allows it or you stay with stock shafts) the junkyard is jam packed full of stock spares that you can buy for cheap instead of having to get custom length 44 shafts done.

Back