• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00 Cheroke P1899 code

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I recently replaced the transmission in my 00XJ. The jeep runs and drives fine. However, I have a P1899 code now. My scanner calls it, manufacturer control; transmission. I did a search and found someone that stated its a code for vehicle in motion while transmission in park. I cleared the code and after a few miles of driving it came back. The trans I used was also from a 00. Any idea what would cause this code and how I can remedy it? Could it possibly be neutral safety switch related?

So this afternoon I went to take the NSS of fto clean it. What I found was interesting to say the least.
20130308_154231_zpse0b22b0f.jpg

The selector part of the NSS was siezed to the shaft coming out of the trans. The arm that tells it what gear the trans is in was snapped off. Guess I found my issue. Luckily I have a known good NSS here. Threw that on, good as new
Heres another pic
20130308_155842_zpsdc7f70c2.jpg

Back