• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water leaking out of frame - hasn't rained

Skits

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '99 and a steep driveway. Normally I park facing uphill, but I backed in today to hook up a trailer. A few minutes later, a surprising amount of water was running out behind the right front wheel. I'd somewhat expect this if it had rained or I'd been running the A/C, but it hasn't rained in probably a week, and I haven't used the a/c or defrost in longer than that.

Now, the damned thing leaks from at least around the blower motor and probably other places. Passenger side is usually slightly damp after a rain, driver's side even gets damp on occasion - but both sides are bone dry at the moment (at least where I can feel).

Is my "frame" going to rust out from the inside from this? What is the cause? Is there a cure?

Thanks in advance

Crappy cell pics:

2j620x4.jpg

U3RQzAk.jpg

My 89 Bronco I had did that. It was flexed so bad the body started to come apart and water would just sit there until I moved it. Was going to fix it but found someone to trade it and thats how I got my 92 XJ. I am not to sure what would be going on with yours though.

I think it was wrecked and half-assed repaired on that corner. Frame is straight but that door is a little tight. Its actually dripping between the sill and the floor pan.

There are so many little problems with this thing, it may be time to cut my losses and sell it.

It sure looks like it's dripping out of the rocker panel, not the frame rail or between the floor and sill. Unless you can highlight on that pic exactly where it's coming from...

Check if your drainage ports in the rocker panel are clogged. They are the wider spots in the pinch seam along the bottom of the rocker about every foot or two, a piece of coathangar or a small twig will clear them out nicely. Keeping them clear will do wonders for avoiding your rockers rotting out.

Floorboards look okay other than having a couple of inches of water in them. Pinch seam looks correct and clear.

I think if I plug the leaks into the interior, she'll be okay. Ordered a new heater core and all new hvac gaskets. Going to tear into the dash and get this fixed right.

I feel dirty for thinking about selling it - came *this* close to Silverado ownership...

Back