• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Question 4" Lift

98HOGG

NAXJA Forum User
currently have a 3" lift with a 1" tcase drop, i want to add either a 1" or 2" coil spacer and shackle to have it sit around 4" so i can clear 33x12.5. my question is can i run 4" lift with a 1" tcase drop and no SYE? i plan on doing an SYE, LAs, and regear further down the road. just want to keep it at 4" (if possible 5") with 33s and without spending the money on a SYE. thanks

Every XJ is different. With a late model, I would plan on needing the SYE.

I too am trying to figure out the if I can stay away from the sys or not.

My 2000 has a 265's (32"), 3" front and a 2.5" OME lift, no t-case drop and has drive line noise. Before I put the lift on I had a budget 3" front and a 2" shackle with the t-case drop and had drive line noise so I removed it.

I don't do any serious wheeling and mostly is my daily driver. I think it would be cheaper to do shims or to cut and weld on new perches over the sye

My 2001 had a 4.5" with 33's and had a sye and drove fine.

Last edited:
I have 4-4.5" and a late model that is apparently more prone to issues .

I did the wait and see route and i didnt have any vibes.

About a year later my D.S. joints went bad and at 250, mi they didnt owe me anything.

I decided to do an s.y.e. to get better angles and promote long life in my new joints.

From what I hear I got lucky but like already stated they all react a bit differently.

I ended up with an I.R.O. Hnt and a 6 degree shim and ran a stock front D.S.. It worked just fine

Later I swapped in a JB conversions built Np231 with full h.d. S.Y.E.

thanks for the input guys, i guess ill just do the SYE. Now to further my question, say i do the SYE and add 2" coil spacers and 2" adj shackle on top of my existing 3" lift, should i also upgrade the tbar, lcas & ucas? im going to try and get away with detours usa shock cheaters and buy bigger shocks later.

thanks for the input guys, i guess ill just do the SYE. Now to further my question, say i do the SYE and add 2" coil spacers and 2" adj shackle on top of my existing 3" lift, should i also upgrade the tbar, lcas & ucas? im going to try and get away with detours usa shock cheaters and buy bigger shocks later.

You will need to upgrade to the adjustable track bar, the lcas and ucas might be fine but as my 01 with the 4.5 ran stock ones until I upgraded it to the 6.5" lift then took it back down to a 4.5 before I sold it.

not trying to make a sell but I have those spacers and shackles on ebay
Item number 111022377304 with maybe 200 miles on them.

Spacers are CNC Delrin not the crap poly-urethane that will sag over time.

You will need to upgrade to the adjustable track bar, the lcas and ucas might be fine but as my 01 with the 4.5 ran stock ones until I upgraded it to the 6.5" lift then took it back down to a 4.5 before I sold it.

not trying to make a sell but I have those spacers and shackles on ebay
Item number 111022377304 with maybe 200 miles on them.

Spacers are CNC Delrin not the crap poly-urethane that will sag over time.
ill go check it out, thanks

I would suggest doing the lift and seeing if you get the vibes or not. I have a 1999 and I needed a SYE at 3" then 4".

Same here at 3"

Ive read a few times the H&T leak bad not sure if its because he who did the work was shotty or what.

I bought a RE hack and tap Sye but have not installed it as i also have heard the same.

Back