• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk yard leaf springs

gregspappy

NAXJA Forum User
hi, have a 94 xj with sagging leaf springs. want to change them out with a set of junkyard ones. $60 a set, they pull them, I cant beat the price. My question is...How do I tell which set is good?...Some of the xj's have tires on them, some without just sitting there. What do I look for? Mine is 4x4 do I only look for those? I was looking at the newer xj's but I just don't know how to tell which ones are halfway decent and which one are not. Thanks

For a few dollars more you can buy new springs. Unless the XJ is on tires and you can measure the springs, you will have a great chance of buying worn out saggy springs.

A few dollars more at where?

For a few dollars more you can buy new springs. Unless the XJ is on tires and you can measure the springs, you will have a great chance of buying worn out saggy springs.

x2

For under $200 you can get new HD leafs and all new bushings from Crown. I wouldnt bother with used stock leafs either. Theres not a chance they'll be sagged, theres pretty much a guarantee they will be.

Back