• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another XJ

Gnarlyrider27

NAXJA Forum User
So my friend has this 90 xj with the 4.0 and everything and I was suppose to fix it for her but now she is looking to either buy a lifted one or go out and just buy something else. First I was going to pull a few parts off of it like the steering gear box and some door parts. Well now I offered to get her fire wood for next year. So looks like I just got the jeep for really nothing. Getting fire wood isnt to bad haha. But my plan is to pull all the good stuff out and then get rid of the body.

What is wrong with the body?

Nothing just I dont need it. I am taking everything off of it so it will just be a shell of a jeep

So you're going to strip a jeep down for a steering box and a few other parts, then get rid of the rest of it? Did i miss something?

Why don't you just sell the damn thing instead of parting it out, and you could probably buy way more than one steering box.

Or even better, why don't you keep it yourself and drive it around?

I was wondering the same thing. Good XJ bodies, ones that are not rust buckets, are getting hard to find in many places.

I have one stripped to the bone I am hanging onto, 87, 2WD, no rust, thinking of making an EV out of it.

Well I am taking the engine trans everything. I would keep it but my yard has so many cars as is and the county here is cali start harassing people with a lot of cars. They harass us more then anyone else because we own a tow truck and it is parked at our house so the other jeep could only be here for maybe a week and no one around here is going to buy just the body plus I am moving and cant take it so I need alot more parts off of it then I though. My engine in my 92 is getting very weak. And the 90 xj has almost 1000 in back fees for DMV so its not worth putting back on the road

Well I am taking the engine trans everything. I would keep it but my yard has so many cars as is and the county here is cali start harassing people with a lot of cars. They harass us more then anyone else because we own a tow truck and it is parked at our house so the other jeep could only be here for maybe a week and no one around here is going to buy just the body plus I am moving and cant take it so I need alot more parts off of it then I though. My engine in my 92 is getting very weak. And the 90 xj has almost 1000 in back fees for DMV so its not worth putting back on the road

Wait, what? I just looked this up, but apparently in California you have to pay registration fees for the time the vehicle was NOT in service on the road?!

Wait, what? I just looked this up, but apparently in California you have to pay registration fees for the time the vehicle was NOT in service on the road?!

Yup California sucks. They do anything they can to make money and I been seeing more and more people here just junk there cars because DMV fees cost so much. Plus on the parts jeep is was wrecked so doesnt have a clean title and were i live its harder to sell them like that,

LOL, I bet Mexico will buy them. Just take them to another state. That is crazy.

Back