• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 Inch Lift Leaf Springs

bluedevils278

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I have read a bit about leaf springs, but I have not come up with what I'm looking for. I currently have a bastard pack installed from a s10, which gives me ~3 inches of lift. The ride is way too stiff, and I really want a better ride as this is my DD. I know AAL's aren't going to cut it. My question is whether or not the Iron Rock Offroad one will work or if you guys have anything better. I'm a bit worried about the IRO one because you have to modify the shackles. Does anyone have experience doing this? If I do this, can I maintain a 3 inch lift height? I've read Rubicon Express's leafs are now made in India and are not worth having and there are mixed opinions of Rough Country. Can you guys please give me some much need clarity on this subject?

L6
AW4
3 inch lift springs (Rough Country)
Front and rear Zone shocks for 3 inch lift

4wd hardware/4wheel parts, quadratech, many others. There are many options available from OME for the XJ so you may want to do a little research first.

X2

Find out what spring rate you want and all that good stuff. For example, I'm going to do 2" lift leafs, 1.5 shackle, and relocator brackets

I have the 3" rough country lift kit on my XJ. I installed it about 4 years ago. No problems with it other then a bit stiff. The back springs are doing fine, no sagging.

Installing it by myself took the better part of a day. Then I had to put it in a alinement shop.

I've had really good luck with my s-10 pack, I pulled a leaf and added JKS shackles and my rear flexes better then my buddies Rubicon express lift springs

Instead of wasting $$ on another set of leafs, measure your lift now and start pulling the small leafs out, drop it an inch and a half of so then get some boomerang shackles like the JKS shackles, you'll be money ahead and you'll have a softer more flexy ride

I've had really good luck with my s-10 pack, I pulled a leaf and added JKS shackles and my rear flexes better then my buddies Rubicon express lift springs

Instead of wasting $$ on another set of leafs, measure your lift now and start pulling the small leafs out, drop it an inch and a half of so then get some boomerang shackles like the JKS shackles, you'll be money ahead and you'll have a softer more flexy ride

Did your JKS shackles fit? I've heard their bushings don't fit up in the Shackle box

Which exact shackles did you use Maxx? Is the ride as soft as stock?

These ones
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...ES&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Leaf_Spring

It's stiffer than stock, but I wouldn't have it any other way, when it's loaded for the trail it rides nice, soaks up bumps and mild hits very well. the rear doesn't look all saggy either. for only having 9" shocks in the rear it flexes great :)
my friends like how mine rides, how quiet and smooth it is, my front is limited by shock length, steering angle and still being short arms.

This is just a 4" lift on 33's And the rear flexes alright... This isn't full flex, this is more for trimming the fenders purpose, I took pictures so I knew what needed trimmed
B6AF3A37-5543-40E7-B85B-F51F3F1E891E-6124-000002E0B46F34C6.jpg

D4BB9087-D5D0-4F54-B92A-AB7D93ED3FF9-6124-000002E0B00D6160.jpg

Q-tec has OME also, seems to be the lowest price from what I have seen. About 110$/ea plus bushings. I just installed used/new to me Tomken rear lift leafs and JKS booms, rides SOO much better than the bastard pack sits about 4". Unloaded it rode rough, with some weight it was better. Flexed decent either way. I have raised axle-side shock mounts so I run stock length rear shocks.

Back