• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pitman arm selection

MattK99

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, lookin for a little help. I am about to start a one ton swap on my 99 using a 79 ford hp 60. I am running high steer and hydro assist and am looking for an appropriate pitman arm. It will have 2 inches of stretch and 6.5 inches o lift. I have heard that a waggy arm might be suitable, but also that it will allow for more steering in one direction than the other. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Hey not to hi-jack but this raised a question of mine....whats the lowest drop pitman arm out there and does anyone have a link?

Hey guys, lookin for a little help. I am about to start a one ton swap on my 99 using a 79 ford hp 60. I am running high steer and hydro assist and am looking for an appropriate pitman arm. It will have 2 inches of stretch and 6.5 inches o lift. I have heard that a waggy arm might be suitable, but also that it will allow for more steering in one direction than the other. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

you want a waggy drop arm. it must depend on the steering setup and knuckles, bc my full width 44 and stock XJ pitman arm get me full steering stop to steering stop turning radius.

Thanks

Matt

The waggy arm is longer center to center so has more range than the XJ arm. The arm will not cause you to be able to turn more one way than the other. That will depend on your drag link adjustment. Once it is on, center the steering wheel/steering box, center the tires, then adjust the drag link to connect them.

Whether you need this longer arm to get lock to lock depends on the throw of the knuckle on the axle. As long as you have an XJ arm available, you can use that at first just to see if you get the range you need. If it does not get the range you want, then it is waggy arm time.

Awesome guys, searching different forums came up with a lot of different ideas, hence my post. Are the splines the same on the saggy arm? Appreciate the input.

Matt

Back