• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle body picture request!!?

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I could really use a close up picture of a RENIX AW4 Throttle Valve cable cable and the way it attaches to the throttle body lever.

I know how it goes on there I just need a pic to compare it to mine.

TIA

Dang it Paradise!! I can't post photos on Naxja either. Cherokee forum?

I let my "membership" go on JF but I can still post pics thru Photobucket. If I'm at work or on my phone it's a pain, but at home it's not bad.

I PM'd you, twice. The first time I forgot to include my e-mail address
:dunce:

How old is your TPS?

Ever do a sensor ground test on that old Renix?

I got it from the yard when I swapped from a manual to an AW4. Don't know. Been on since I did the swap last year. I expect miracles, I know.

No, never a ground test. Is that procedure in your Mostly Renix tips?

I'm better with big things that bolt on...wiring is not my strong suit. :dunno:
...or thinking for that matter.

I got it from the yard when I swapped from a manual to an AW4. Don't know. Been on since I did the swap last year. I expect miracles, I know.

No, never a ground test. Is that procedure in your Mostly Renix tips?

I'm better with big things that bolt on...wiring is not my strong suit. :dunno:
...or thinking for that matter.

Doesn't need to be a strong suit. Yes, it is in the write-ups but I'll post it here. It's also part of the TPS procedure/instructions.

Cruiser’s Renix Sensor Ground Test

This sensor ground circuit affects the CTS, TPS, IAT, MAP, ECU and diagnostic connector grounds. It’s very important and not something to overlook in diagnosing your Renix Jeep as it is common for the harnesses to have poor crimps causing poor grounds. If any or all of the sensors do not have a good ground, the signal the ECU receives from these sensors is inaccurate.
Set your meter to measure Ohms. Be sure the key is in the OFF position. Using the positive (red) lead of your ohmmeter, probe the B terminal of the flat 3 wire connector of the TPS . The letters are embossed on the connector itself.
Touch the black lead of your meter to the negative battery post. Wiggle the wiring harness where it runs parallel to the valve cover and also near the MAP sensor mounted on the firewall. If you have an 87 or 88 with the C101 connector mounted on the firewall above the brake booster, wiggle it, too.
You want to see as close to 0 ohms of resistance as possible. And when wiggling the harnesses/connectors the resistance value should stay low. If there is a variance in the values when wiggling the wires, you have a poor crimp/connection in the wiring harness or a poor ground at the engine dipstick tube stud. On 87 and 88 models, you could have a poor connection at the C101 connector as well.
Revised 06/12/2012

Also not that in my ground refreshing instructions, it mentions all the things that ground at teh dipstick stud? One of them is the tCU shift logic circuit...........

When I swapped the AW4 I had all the wiring layed out like an autopsy. The several ground wires came together in sort of a matted terminal crimp...about 7 or so of them...and then attached all together with a big butt splice to a main ground wire.

I did pull that all apart, cleaned up all the ends, hot soldered them all together and soldered a big ring connector with shrink tubing, taped it up and slid it in to a split loom case. The dipstick bolt was all funky so I cleaned out the whole threaded hole with a gun brush, sanded off the block and bolted the whole mess to the block. I KNOW that part of it is tight. Within the harness...meh...not so much.

It seems that what I know is good, might not be. I'll run the tests this weekend and likely replace the TPS if I get funky readings from it.

...and again, thanks for the help.

Back