• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how many O2 sensors does it have?

I don't own a 2001 but I believe there are two on the exhaust manifold, one after each 3 pipe collector Then i believe there is one after each pre-cat

2001 has 4 O2's. 2 before the mini-cats, and 2 after. Some 2000 have 4 O2's and some only have 2.

I live in PA and the jeep, as far as I know, has only been in PA. It does have 4 O2 sensors and they were not that hard to replace. I am still amazed at how much they control your Jeep! I now have a smooth idle, better gas mileage, and more power. Amazing!!

As stated before, there was an option for cali emissions with 4, look at your manifold. If it has 2 you have cali emissions (and will have 2 more downstream), if it.has one you have regular emissions and will only.have 1 more

As stated before, there was an option for cali emissions with 4, look at your manifold. If it has 2 you have cali emissions (and will have 2 more downstream), if it.has one you have regular emissions and will only.have 1 more

I'm pretty sure (and I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong) that all 2001 XJ's got the four O2 sensor package.

My understanding was that 2000 was "hit or miss" and 2001 saw the consolidation of emission packages-- everyone got the "California" emission package.

Back