• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best motor mounts for a good price?

995speed

NAXJA Forum User
1999 XJ 4.0 AX15, NP231

Hey guys, My XJ is going to be need a new set of motor mounts sometime soon i was wondering who makes some good ones. I'd like to stay away from the autozone ones cause i had a friend use them and they werent all that great. (what's your experience with them?) How about NAPA one's are those any good? I also saw these on quadratec which i really like but come with a larger price tag http://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_072X_PG.htm also saw some energy suspension ones?

The M.O.R.E poly mounts will shake you loose from your back teeth. I've had the M.O.R.E bombproof rubber mounts for 10 years, and I've been happy with them.

You'll also find a lot of people here happy with Brown Dog mounts.

Brown dog and more are both excellent.

Do your trans mount too, especially since you have a 5spd

Do it once, do it right... Brown Dog... Great people creating a life time product.

Brown Dog. I got the rubber mounts, a good choice for a DD.
After the first few hundred miles, the noise level wasn't much worse than the stock mounts and the exhaust doesn't bang around anymore.
Good value.

I'd go with Brown Dog. They make a real good product and they are good supporters of NAXJA.

Richard G

The M.O.R.E poly mounts will shake you loose from your back teeth. I've had the M.O.R.E bombproof rubber mounts for 10 years, and I've been happy with them.

You'll also find a lot of people here happy with Brown Dog mounts.

so what you are saying is the M.O.R.E poly mounts arent as good as the rubber mounts? Also i took a look at the brown dog website there are alot of different stuff on there and im not sure which i would need http://browndogindustries.com/cherokee-xj-1987-2000-40l.aspx i think i would need CU2572-0K2, Motor Mounts, Ultra-Flex Rubber but i am not entirely sure the truck has about 5 inches of lift and is used as a daily driver but i do wheel on the weekends but im not doing heavy duty rock climbing. I do have pacesetter headers though. It's my first jeep and im not entirely sure what i would need i did do motor mounts on my previous vehicle but i just bought some OEM Volvo motor mounts. I would really appreciate it if someone could steer me into the right direction of what exactly i need. If more information on my rig is needed id be more than happy to provide it. Thanks again guys.

P.S. i already did the trans mount a while back it's a NAPA one and seems to be holding up well

Last edited:
Poly mounts are just really stiff and will cause a lot of vibes. The rubber mounts are more than adequate and and won't vibe you to death.

You just need the ultra flex rubber mounts, lift height and such don't matter

so what you are saying is the M.O.R.E poly mounts arent as good as the rubber mounts? Also i took a look at the brown dog website there are alot of different stuff on there and im not sure which i would need http://browndogindustries.com/cherokee-xj-1987-2000-40l.aspx i think i would need CU2572-0K2, Motor Mounts, Ultra-Flex Rubber but i am not entirely sure the truck has about 5 inches of lift and is used as a daily driver but i do wheel on the weekends but im not doing heavy duty rock climbing. I do have pacesetter headers though. It's my first jeep and im not entirely sure what i would need i did do motor mounts on my previous vehicle but i just bought some OEM Volvo motor mounts. I would really appreciate it if someone could steer me into the right direction of what exactly i need. If more information on my rig is needed id be more than happy to provide it. Thanks again guys.

P.S. i already did the trans mount a while back it's a NAPA one and seems to be holding up well

Just give Brown Dog a call and they will probably be able to tell you exactly what you need. I'll re-emphasize the quality of their customer service = top notch.

Brown Dog. Quality and customer service are top notch!

X2 they went above and beyond when i found out the so called xj motor in my truck was a wj motor. Called them up, they ran my block number and told me it was a wj motor, then made a custom set for no charge and said mail back the "used" ones and they donated them to wounded warriors. Customer service like that is hard to find, and they are made in USA. Customer for life.

BDMM FTW! Rubber bushings will be your best bet. Most others use poly only.

Would these be an upgrade, preventative? As important as sliders?

Upgrade in strength over stock. Upgrade in power response if your stockers are shot (mine crumbled to pieces when I removed them)

Preventative maintenance for your radiator

Different category than sliders, but I guess I would rather drive home with rocker damage than blow a radiator on the trail. (You can choose to risk rocker damage - the motor mount chooses when it's going to fail)

Would these be an upgrade, preventative? As important as sliders?
Definitely an upgrade. At this point, I would say preventative for an XJ, considering age, especially if you do not know when they were replaced/changed. This couple potentially make or break (no pun intended, or is it?) damaging your fan shroud and/or radiator and other things. I believe that the BD rubber mounts are approx. 90$shipped and the full kit with new engine plates and all around 200$

Back