• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 overhead console into a 1994

SonicCougar99

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to put an overhead console I grabbed out of a junkyard into my friends 1994 base model xj. I had always heard that the 94's had wiring to accommodate this, but I have all the wiring out and the plugs don't match up. I have a diagram I found online for the console but I don't know what wires on the 94 match up and which ones to splice. Does anyone have a diagram or how-to on putting these consoles in? Also, we did get the brackets from the junkyard xj but I don't know how these should attach. I presume I need to drill new holes for the brackets. I'm asking because this isn't my rig and I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks.

I've been looking at this harness more, and the color of the wires at the part that plugs into the overhead console doesn't match the wires at the end that plugs in at the foot well. Some colors are the same and some colors are different. Can anyone point me in the right direction for which wires are which? My guide I was using uses the colors at the console plug, not the colors at the foot well plug and I still haven't found the proper diagram for the factory plugs in the 1994 that I will need to splice into to make all this work.

Back