• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction VS Rubicon Express

Kidd XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Forgive me in advance for asking this question, I am sure it has been asked many times, beat to death, and a lot of you are tired of answering.
I am new and apparently my search skills suck, because I just can't find the information I am looking for.

Research and more research, here, you tube, google, etc... etc...
I have looked at many web sites, read many articles, searched high and low and have come to the conclusion that I prefer a true 4-link but am not opposed to a radius arm kit.

I am trying to decide which lift kit to use and I have narrowed my choices to the Full Traction or Rubicon Express long arm kits. My choices are based on cost and what appears to be complete install kits, with the ability to service trans and trans-case without any major difficulty. I am prepared to install a SYE and TeraFlex 2-low capabilities at time of install.

I do not intend to do any major rock crawling but want it to be capable if the circumstance arises. It will not necessarily be a daily driver but will be driven often on and off road. It needs be dependable, reliable, and get me there and back again. Intention is to run 33X10.5X15 tires, with stock axles, eventually upgrading to 44's w/lockers.

92 Sport, 4.0, Auto Trans, 30HP front, 8.25 rear

If you had your choice which would you prefer?

I know you asked FT vs RE, but I would say either FT or TNT. Their bellypan crossmember = win! Probably the best Y-link out there. And do not forget clayton!

i have some rubicon 5.5 lift left overs if you want them, i'll make you a good deal and even have a Clayton track bar, i can get you the bracket mount for it as well.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1094710

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1094616

i can put either end on that track bar you want for the same price of $150. more if you need the bracket.

depending on how interested you are i may sell my springs as well to upgrade to taller new Clayton ones.

Thanks for the offer but no thanks.
I have not even decided what kit I want and would prefer it to be complete and not have to peice it together.

I am hoping to hear opinions of what you all would prefer if you had to choose between a Full Traction or Rubicon Express.

I love my FT 3.5" long arm kit...good strong materials.

I have also heard nothing but good things for Clayton and TNT as wlel. :)

Full Traction is a true 4 link that maintains caster as the suspension moves up and down where as, Rubicon Express (as well as Clayton and TNT) is basicaly a raduis arm system and will see caster changes......don't really know if that is really a big deal, though.

BDS and Rockrawler (I think they make a four link as well as their three link) make a really nice system as well but, they are a little pricier.

Hans

Hi All, me again nobody has an opinion?
290 plus views and and nobody prefers one of these lift kits over the other? If you think both are junk please chime in and let me know???

I bought an xj with a 5.5" RE long arm kit on it. So far my only complaint has been the bushings and super-flex joints needing replacement/rebuild. Everything else has been fine.

I run the FT 6" kit I choose that for two reasons one i wanted a true 4 link two we as do most jeepspeed racers use the FT kit and have never had a suspension failure in thousands of offroad miles. The only thing I have ever seen brake was when they used to use a hallow greaseable bolt for the upper arm they no longer use that or the Johnny joint they use a heim and normal bolt

Back