• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auxiliary reverse lights - rigid dually vs D2?

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have some crappy rear lights from Walmart, there were spot likes I think, and they suck for light pattern. I'm pretty set on rigid duallys to replace them with. The have a flush mount option that will work perfect in my rigidco rear bumper in the existing holes I cut.

My question is 2-part. Any need to spring for the D2s for a simple reverse light? I do have it also hooked up to a switch for camp lighting, but mainly they are for reverse at night.

Second question is beam pattern. They have the diffused lens which looks like it throws light pretty broadly and doesn't really penetrate very far beyond the rear of the vehicle. There is also the flood lens which will throw light further, but less widely than the diffused lens.

Does anyone have any experience with the diffused lens in this role? Are you happy with it? Wish the light penetrated the night a little further?

And it is plenty of light? I'll end up doing two because I have two holes in the bumper. It may be overkill, but I guess that's the point.

I'm assuming the flush mount dually diffused is the regular dually, not the D2? The picture shows a D2, but the description appears to refer to a dually. Part number 21151. Is this what I'm looking for?

Well let me ask you this, have you seen the diffused pattern? Would you say it's best suited for a reverse light, or wood the wide/flood pattern be better?

From Rigid's FAQ's:
What does the Diffusion lens do?Our Diffusion Lens is offered on our Duallys, Dually D2s, 4 and 6 inch E-Series and 4 and 6 inch M-Series lights. The Diffusion Lens is the ultimate in scene, deck and area lighting. Visually they can be identified by their bubble looking lens. This lens is engineered specifically to distribute the light at a 60 degree angle to create a perfect, clean, white, even coverage. This is a great option for area lighting where slow to no vehicular movement is involved.

No adjustments on the Flush Mount.

From Rigid's FAQ's:

No adjustments on the Flush Mount.

Sounds perfect. Don't really need the diffused aimed. I am considering some flush mount SRM 2s for the front for some amber floods as fog lights. Probably still don't need a ton of aiming in them.

Back