• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

afer marke leafspring hanger, new spring and leaf sliders

Texjatx

NAXJA Forum User
So I bashed my rear leaf spring hanger, bent it and pushed it and he floorboard up. So im looking at the poly performance rear leaf spring hangers, new 3.5 in springs anf the liquid iron Industries leaf sliders. Im looking to stay pretty low running 3.5 re super flex with add a leaf and 31s, picked up some bushwackes on the cheap and am looking at 35s. What do yall think? This is also my dd.

I ran the poly front mounts and LI slider boxes with RE 4.5 springs. Worked great, rode nice, if hadn't 4 linked mine i'd still be running that set up.

The FWD hangars are nice and beefy. Much better than the stock thin metal. Mine have been tied into the uni body stiffeners for an even stronger install.

50640P1040405_zps6a98ce68.jpg

163156_176795292357128_100000799741754_340579_1754239_n_zps6298a64b.jpg

I was looking at thesehttp://www.rustysoffroad.com/new-products/rusty-s-xj-rear-spring-mount-reinforcement-brackets.html a while back for reenforcing that area and also something that would work with my HD stiffy kit.

I like my LLI sliders, they work. Considering the cost of shackle relocator kits and lift shackles I'd say they're worth it.

They do get most of their strength from the frame tie-in at along the hitch bolts though ... I would think you could just bang your stock hanger back into position a bit, install the LLI sliders and you're all set :dunno:
Would save you some coin.

I like my LLI sliders, they work. Considering the cost of shackle relocator kits and lift shackles I'd say they're worth it.

They do get most of their strength from the frame tie-in at along the hitch bolts though ... I would think you could just bang your stock hanger back into position a bit, install the LLI sliders and you're all set :dunno:
Would save you some coin.
I heard the sliders work great but have to potential to limit up travel depending upon what leafs you run.

Re: Re: afer marke leafspring hanger, new spring and leaf sliders

I heard the sliders work great but have to potential to limit up travel depending upon what leafs you run.

I'm sure that's true if you're running longer leafs with your axle pushed back. I think they'd have to be more than 3" longer than stock though. With stock length lift springs I haven't come close... I probably have 3-4" of slot left when flexed. :thumbup:

With the new front hangers, have you thought about moving them forward and running a longer leaf? Have a couple friends that run main leaf out of a dodge van (with the eyes still intact) then still run the RE leaf pack minus the main leaf of course.

I am running a yj style shackle conversion kit and love it! but the lii sliders were a toss up i just went with something that i know if i break its easy to find parts out in the middle of nowhere

So you had the sliders on the rear? Did you run re leafs also?

Sorry i forgot about this thread. I ran the RE springs with the slider boxes and with the right length shocks was able to use all of the slide the boxes had.

CAM00020.jpg

Not a great a pic but you can see both parts.

Last edited:
Guys thanks for all the help so far, I just got he leaf hangers in the mail and they are beef. Each one ways almost 15lbs. I thought about banging them back down and into place but I tore some of the welds in the rocks. With these hangers I dont think I will need the rustys kit to reneforce them.

I am looking at the re spring but just found out 4wheel parts bought them, so im not as sure on quality anymore. My front setup is re and I love it though. I think deavers would be realky cool to run but are pricey. I like the milatary eye they do, it just seems stronger. Any other ideas on springs? What would longer do for me?

Im still on the fence with the sliders, but I really want to try them. Im not to worried about up travel, im wanting to run 35s on 3.5in of lift so im really looking at downtravel. My only hold up on the sliders is I dd and wheel once a month or so, i take road trips often also. the group I go out with all have well set up rigs and I would like to keep up with them better. Plus im the only xj out of almost 50 jeeps, so it would be cool to be even more different. One guy has a teraflex lj that was thier sema show car. These guys all have some bank in thier jeeps, and I spend most of my bank on diapers for the kiddo. Thanks guys. Any more advise is appreciated. And ill keep you all updated on my progress.

I ran the sliders on my xj with 9in of lift and 35's and people thought I had coils in the back. I would do shackle relocation with longer shackles if I had to do it again because the slider boxes hang low and smashed on everything I came off of.

Sliders hung low and smashed on everything? I was considering sliders so I could tuck the up in front of the bumper and stop smashing my leaves and shackles on everything?

Oh and the chopped xj is pretty sweet

thanks but there's not much left of it now. i chopped it all up to link it with coilovers.

the sliders don't hang any lower than reloction brckets/longer shackles, plus there made of 1/4 plate. they will completely transform the way your rig acts offroad and on. mucho more stable.

I think I'm going to bit the bullet and order the sliders. The ones in the pick look to be mounted further back than stock.

Now just for springs... Still on the fence with the re springs.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Mine were mounted in the stock location, i shortened the back of the truck so it looks alittle funny. I don't use mine anymore if your interested in buying. pm me.

Back