• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sealing a windshield

sporkton

NAXJA Forum User
My windshield was replaced right before I bought the jeep. Recently it seems to be leaking, Right in the top center, right above the rearview mirror. I lifted up a side of the rubber and it looks like there is no sealant other in there at all. My understanding is all I have to do is get some silicon and squirt it in there all the way around. Is there anything more to it than that? I feel like there is some extra voodoo required here?

Lawrence

Whipe it down with alcohol, make sure it dries if it happens to be cool outside.

Personally, I'd call the company that replaced it, and make them re-do it... This is exactly why you pay a company do so such things.

When I changed my xj windshield I used a black auto glass sealant, came in a tube and used with a caulk gun. Got it from the auto parts store.

Well worth the money to just get it re-sealed by an expert, better yet just get a new windshield. For the glass and install it should be less than $200

Back