• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needed suggestions for front bumper

cdrake261

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know the best buy to buy a bumper like this...

bumper.jpg

...for a reasonable price? Where do you guys go to for bumper deals?

If you cant find one you like premade you should be able to find a local builder or fab shop to make you whatever you want.

I'm liking couple of those tapered jcroffroad bumpers...couple questions though, I don't have a winch currently but should I get the basic bumper(option 1) or should I buy a bumper that can hold a winch and go winch shopping at a later date(option 2 or option 3)? How would either of these look with 235/75/15 treadwright crawlers? Tacky?

Option 1 ($325 shipped):

XJ-Basic3.jpg

Option 2 ($519 shipped):

XJ-Winch3.jpg

Option 3 (without the grill guard, like one I was going to buy this week before seller backed out; $360 plus shipping for bare metal or $410 plus shipping powder coated):

cherokeefront2.jpg

Last edited:
Dirtboundoffroad?

my question is when your asking if something will look "tacky" or not do you want a winch bumper because you need it? or do you want a winch bumper for looks? if you run easy rails where a winch bumper isnt necessary i'd just get the regular jcr bumper.

my question is when your asking if something will look "tacky" or not do you want a winch bumper because you need it? or do you want a winch bumper for looks? if you run easy rails where a winch bumper isnt necessary i'd just get the regular jcr bumper.

By tacky I mean excessively bulky....I like option 1, 2, and 3

I've been considering one of these. Heard they tie in well and priced nicely. Can always add a hoop later if you want.

http://www.landlfabrication.com/our_bumpers.php

A friend of mine ordered the pre runner from them and has been trying to get ahold of them to ask a question about the bumper and when it will arrive.

Idk if he's tried to call or not but he was complaining to me about the c.s.

I will second dirtbound offroad. I just finished welding mine together. It's goes together real nice. Fit is great.

I'm liking couple of those tapered jcroffroad bumpers...couple questions though, I don't have a winch currently but should I get the basic bumper(option 1) or should I buy a bumper that can hold a winch and go winch shopping at a later date(option 2 or option 3)? How would either of these look with 235/75/15 treadwright crawlers? Tacky?

Option 1 ($325 shipped):

XJ-Basic3.jpg

Option 2 ($519 shipped):

XJ-Winch3.jpg

Option 3 (without the grill guard, like one I was going to buy this week before seller backed out; $360 plus shipping for bare metal or $410 plus shipping powder coated):

cherokeefront2.jpg

You need to decide if you think you will need a winch. Seems like a fairly standard feature on a built rig. I don't have one and although I don't wheel much, I have been on some fairly difficult group runs and have only seen cable pulled out 2 times.

It's one of those things you could probably get buy a lot without, but once you need it you'll be glad you have it.

If you solo run, then plan on getting one.

I wouldn't get a winch bumper unless you plan on a winch. They cost more and stick out farther.

Another option is a front bumper with a hitch receiver, you could always use a winch in a craddle if stuck. With that set up, you could winch off the front or rear.

I have JCR front and rear. They are beefy, fit well and are not obnoxious looking. I only wish I had gotten the receiver up front and the tire carrier in the rear.

There are a couple pics here. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1094095&page=2

Last edited:
You need to decide if you think you will need a winch. Seems like a fairly standard feature on a built rig. I don't have one and although I don't wheel much, I have been on some fairly difficult group runs and have only seen cable pulled out 2 times.

It's one of those things you could probably get buy a lot without, but once you need it you'll be glad you have it.

If you solo run, then plan on getting one.

I wouldn't get a winch bumper unless you plan on a winch. They cost more and stick out farther.

Another option is a front bumper with a hitch receiver, you could always use a winch in a craddle if stuck. With that set up, you could winch off the front or rear.

I have JCR front and rear. They are beefy, fit well and are not obnoxious looking. I only wish I had gotten the receiver up front and the tire carrier in the rear.

somebody else suggested the receiver idea, I wonder if option 1 is able to have receiver welded in and what it would take to make it strong enough to work.

When I bought mine a few years back, JCR had a front receiver option.

I'd suggest sliding the winch in place before you are in a muddy, steep terrain stuck position.

Cradle option might not be ideal, but could be a viable option for those who just want a little more piece of mind.

Back