• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washington Backcountry Discovery Route

im going to aim at doing the washington one in august or september, my brother just picked up a 2012 fj cruiser so if he feels like driving it up here from southern cal it could be a fun trip

It was the most fun I've ever had in my Jeep without a woman.

Just to let you know, If your wife seen that statement. You will be in the same boat as Ben and Eric.

That statement should be as follows.

It was the most fun I've ever had with my wife in our Jeep.

I've been married 20 years. Just passing on some useful knowledge to you younger guys.

Dave

I have been wanting to do this route for years. I've been on parts of it up here in Washington but really wanted to do the Oregon sections. My family and I would be glad to join this trip if you guys can pull something together.

I have been wanting to do this route for years. I've been on parts of it up here in Washington but really wanted to do the Oregon sections. My family and I would be glad to join this trip if you guys can pull something together.

Sounds good man, id like to bring my fiance (then wife) along if i can talk her into a week of bumpy roads :shhh:

My dad wants to come out this summer from NY and go on some of the overland trails. he is not into the whole rock crawling and banging around hard.

I am down to go too. August sometime!

Nice to hear so many people wanna go. Im getting married end of July and my lease is up middle of september, so I dont know when would be a good time to go. Does anyone know when the snow starts falling up there?

Snow should start to fall around the end of September to the middle of October. I know the pass on State route 20 closes about the first week of November.

I would want to go on this one too if I can work out the time off. Late Sept the night time temps will start to get a bit low. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

So im starting to think i wont have the funds for this extensive of a trip this year with me getting married and probably moving back up to bellingham. But maybe we can do shorter 2-3 day section. (maybe from state route 20 up to canada or something) any ideas?

Back