• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case mount??

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question but,
A cross member drop is really cheap and easy until you can afford a SYE. you can even make it yourself for the price of raw tube stock and bolts.

Ya I know, my stock mount is trashed and I saw a listing for a short one so I was trying to see if I could get away w it.
Never seen a short transmission mount, have a link?

if you have an auto, you can swap in a crossmember from a manual. itll give you like 3/4-1" drop and you wont lose any ground clearance.

Ya I know, my stock mount is trashed and I saw a listing for a short one so I was trying to see if I could get away w it.
it wont work, its for 00-01 xj's and tj's, it has a different offset

the mount listed here is supposedly an inch shorter.

if you google it for pics, looks just like a regular ol' xj tranny mount to me

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1085076&highlight=mount

I havent played with a stock crossmember for a while, but with a shorter mount, your front driveshaft may hit the crossmember on droop (maybe even ride height) but i have never done it myself.

just did a little more digging and noticed it was used on 5.2l dakotas and 2.5l xj's as well as the older 2.1 diesel xjs and 2.8 v6 xjs.

no 4.0s though. maybe it is a little shorter than the mount thats on every 4.0 xj we are all so used to.

EDIT: incase anyone wants to see for themselves, theres an application guide on this ebay ad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANCHOR-2570...CI%2BUA%2BFICS&otn=21&pmod=360397462552&ps=54

EDIT AGAIN: Looking at the photo of the mount listed above vs the 4.0 mount, the studs MAY be a little offset, I can't find a straight on picture of either though, BUT the stock crossmembers have several holes in them. Might be offset, but still may be able to make something work. and with a custom crossmember definately, as long as it will bolt to the transmission.

Maybe someday I'll get 2 side by side and can know for sure.

Last edited:
Swap crossmembers to match the mount ...

I'd give you my old ones but distance is an issue there ... I'm using a GM mount nowadays.

Back