• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spectre Air intake

xonlyj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried the Spectre intake? It looks like a good idea to pull air from the cowl. I am concerned as it must use a slip joint to allow for engine movement in relation to the hard mount on the firewall.

I see that. I don't think that is a huge issue for me though. Mines a daily driver and used for high altitude fishing trips. Has anyone heard of a paper filter replacement?

the small filter plugs quickly seems to be the consensus

Not an issue where I live. In the desert maybe. I have the Spectre CAI in my DD for 2 years and an inline Spectre on my Safari Snorkel on my trial rig for 5 years now.

The trail rig;
P1020255.jpg

The DD
0206121346.jpg

Fuel mileage is the same after the Spectre addition as it was before. "Seat of the pants" performance is the same, no dyno results, don't need nor want them.

I have wheeled the trail rig hard with no issues. I do turn the snorkel rearward while off road for two reasons. 1) so tree limbs will slide over the snorkel 2) to keep dust out of the intake.

I clean the filters twice a year and they do a great job keeping the dirt out. The tube is dirty/nasty before the filter and squeaky clean after it.

These are my real world experiences with this filter, no "web wheeler" advice here.

Back