• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get Lube Locker Diff Cover Seals?

Poly performance
Email or call and ask for tommy

i love mine, though i had a tough time finding one for my 8.25.

got the one for my 30 from northridge4x4 (free shipping, i placed a large order) and found the 8.25 at randy's ring and pinion.

i can say whether any vendors carry them...

ehhhhhHEEHEEEHEHEEEEEMMMMM... serious offroad? you listening?

OK4WD in NJ carries them too.

For those of you using this, what reasons do you choose this over just regular old gasket sealant? Am I missing something?

For those of you using this, what reasons do you choose this over just regular old gasket sealant? Am I missing something?

Ease of service. No RTV scraping, and it reususeable.

I have had the one on my D30 off 10+ times, it still seals great

Requires no additional work/mess when getting in the diff. It's reusable. Think of it almost as the K&N (or other serviceable filter) of the differential world, but better.

Re: Re: Where to get Lube Locker Diff Cover Seals?

Requires no additional work/mess when getting in the diff. It's reusable. Think of it almost as the K&N (or other serviceable filter) of the differential world, but better.

Faster to assemble the cover as well, you don't have to wait for the RTV to set-up. Also, I've never had one leak on me yet, which is nice.

as their motto goes, "never mess with RTV again!"

im in my diffs multiple times a year, and RTV doesnt set up well in the cold (i live in the MW). also, not that ive had to yet, but replacing an axle shaft in the 8.25 would require removing the Cclips, id rather not deal with RTV on the trail.

i heard they make you better in the sack too.

I installed a d30 and c8.25 lube locker on mine as well. I've done it a few times but felt the torque on the bolts was a bit too much. After searching around I came across this thread.

http://www.jk-forum.com/modified-jk-tech-2/warning-lubelocker-users-93059/

Since I read that I've been doing the 15ft/lbs followed by 25ft/lbs and have been happy. Let me know any opinions or experiences you guys have had in regards to the bolt torque. Keep in mind the bolts usually have some oil on them so essentially its a wet torque when you put them back on which would be higher than if they were completely dry.

Also, when you pull them off to reuse them, make sure you don't use break cleaner on the gasket as it will destroy it, ask me how I know this =) so now I just wipe them clean with a rag.

I use this style allen wrench :
IMG_0583.jpg

I get them all snug by hand, then go back and using one wristed rotational torque, take them just beyond snug. If it leaks, give it a little more

Back