• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar question

rockthrasherxj

NAXJA Forum User
so i have an adj. track bar, not sure brand, but the jam nut threads are stripping and not locking down allowing for a lil wobble to start. i plan on going to an ota track bar at the end of next month but curious if i can weld the nut in place to the bar itself and then weld it all to the threads. its a temp fix.

I can't say I havent done that before in a pinch. (on a friends rig)

worked fine for temporary use. I would question the strength of the rod end if it is a cheap, or small unit after subjecting it to lots of heat. I did it to a chevy 1 ton tre with 7/8" thick shank.

I think that it *should* be fine. Easy with the heat. You are playing with something that could be bad.

What about something like jb weld to lock the jam nut in place? Or are the threads stripping into the threaded insert part? If the jam nut just won't stay in place then I think some jb and your good. I know that is redneck, but it is short term, right? Are you actually going to put a new tb on next month, or do you HOPE to do it next month...

when i get paid next month its gettin put on for sure no questions asked. the nut is stripping on the threads on the bushing end not letting it tighten down i was thinking a few tack welds or maybe running a second jam nut to act as a lock nut just something to keep it drivable til then.

Back