• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

60th Anniversary XJ

2001JeepXJNS

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a 60th anniversary?

Did a little research and found not many still survive after the idiotic cash for clunkers. Forgot mine was one until I stumbled on the factory mats last weekend. It doesn't really have any special or unique options that I am aware of.

Seems like the only difference is a larger wheel...

Didn't those have a badge on the door that says 60th anniversary too? I think that was it...

There was a few super rare 60th's that had a V8 option though... But don't believe everything you read on the Internet ;)

I'm pretty sure Cottontail on here has one.

edit: never heard of a V8 XJ from the factory... pretty sure that's an urban legend. Pics?

Yeah. I have a 60th Anniversary...silver. Bosco has one of the black ones.

They only made 5157 of them in 2001....2379 in black and 2778 in silver. They offered the 60th Anniversary version in the XJ, WJ, and TJ...and only offered them in the two colors.

The 60th was only designated by the badging on the front fenders (see my avitar) and the floor mats. Nothing else would identify it as a 60th. I have seen several of them and there is no rhyme or reason to the features that came with that designation. I have seen them come with or without the fog lights, with or without cruise control, and so forth. To my knowledge they all came with 16 inch rims.

The pictures below are my Jeep and Bosco's Jeep. The wheels on mine in that picture are actually 15 inch from my 1985 XJ. I use them because I already had a set of almost new 31" MTs on them. When they wear out I'll get new ones on the 16" rims.

101_0721.jpg

101_1500_zpsc78bb19b.jpg

Back