• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

if is old my jeep what is it worth? does a lift take away from the overall value?

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
I am just curious. I don't really know the resale of a modified truck like this. here is what i have
1997 cherokee with command trac pwr mirrors, a/c, auto tranny, sound bar, cargo rack, 3in ome lift 31x105s (coming soon). color white, interior tan 105k.
thanks
josh

Value varies depending on location. Check www.autotrader.com for current prices along with www.kbb.com. Plan on both of those overstating what it's worth by at least a little. A lift doesn't detract from the value, but it doesn't add much (if any) value either.

For a more accurate price for a stock truck, look at www.edmunds.com

A poorly-executed lift definitely reduces value. A well-done lift might add some value, especially if there are other enhancements such as tow bumpers, etc.

The downside is that most people who are looking for a used Cherokee don't really want it for off-road, and even if they contemplate some mild off-road use could easily be scared off by a modified rig on the fear that it may have been abused. So while a lifted XJ might be worth a bit more to the right buyer, you reduce the pool of potential buyers considerably.

I bought one used MJ with a lift, and it has become a money pit. I'm sorry I bought it, and it has confirmed my resolve to never buy anything other than a stock truck if I can possibly avoid it. One person's idea of "well done" or what constitutes an ideal lift usually won't match up with someone else's idea.

In general, IMHO you'll get more out of a lifted vehicle if you put it back to stock and sell the vehicle, then sell the accessory parts separately.

JMHO

Back