• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pressure

morgan320i

NAXJA Forum User
Am i ok i have read mixed things, when i start up cold im at 45 or so idle, then like tonight i drove 40 min on freeway i was at 20-25 warm psi at 2k rpm,
And 15 psi at 500 rpm hot idle
No noises runs good, new oil sending unit also

Stp
Absolute junk, right along with Fram.

Try this. Replace JUST your oil filter with a Wix or Napa Gold and see what happens to your oil pressure.

Haf a feeling it sucked autozone was out of beter filters
Try the experiment. You won't lose any oil changing the filter because it's such a POS and it won't be holding oil. It lets all the oil drain out on shut-off.
O'Reilly's now carries Wix. Check out their oil filter comparison at the parts counter.

Those numbers are within factory limits.

Interesting your warm idle is 200-250 RPM below normal.

Update-- just back from camping went out my oil pressure was really low almost 0, drove to town in my truck, brought back new filter and oil, 20 psi idle 35-40 at 1k +,
Oil filter fixed my problem

Update-- just back from camping went out my oil pressure was really low almost 0, drove to town in my truck, brought back new filter and oil, 20 psi idle 35-40 at 1k +,
Oil filter fixed my problem

Okay. What brand of oil filter was on there while you had the problem, and what oil filter solved the problem?

Napa gold is good stuff. I run Napa, Wix, baldwin, Mobil1 or Amsoil. For a throw away (cam break in, etc) I use s Puralator. Never will an orange can see my engines.

Yep. Even Napa Silver is good for 3500 miles. The anti-drainback valve isn't made to go 7500 miles, and it has fewer pleats than the Gold, but it's a Wix and it will serve a frugal customer well.

FRAM=Forever*Ruining*Automotive*Motors.

STP= Stops*The*Pressure

Stp
Absolute junk, right along with Fram.

Try this. Replace JUST your oil filter with a Wix or Napa Gold and see what happens to your oil pressure.

In 8 cars over 23 years, FRAM filters worked just fine. I was about to change oil & filter on my new (to me) XJ, and have a Fram filter. It sounds like I need to buy something else instead.

Can you tell me why Fram is so bad on this car, but not on others? Or, better phrased, why does it have so much of an obvious and visible effect on the XJ, but not on the other cars I've had?

In 8 cars over 23 years, FRAM filters worked just fine. I was about to change oil & filter on my new (to me) XJ, and have a Fram filter. It sounds like I need to buy something else instead.

Can you tell me why Fram is so bad on this car, but not on others? Or, better phrased, why does it have so much of an obvious and visible effect on the XJ, but not on the other cars I've had?

Who says thry're not bad on others?

Our filters are mounted upside down or sideways. Fram has a POS anti-drainback valve which allows the filter to empty out upon engine shutoff. So, you restart with air in your filter, not oil.

See post #9, the end result from the OP on this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hsQ2LbHGSy0

Back