• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Staying at Canyonlands Campground

CharlesS

NAXJA Forum User
After staying at SlickRock CG since 1999 I decided that the lack of maintenance/repairs done by the CG staff and the cabin prices continuing to go up forced me to look elsewhere. I made reservations for a cabin at Canyonlands Campground; the price was $60 a night during the week and $65 on weekends where SlickRock CG is $55 a night. They have some really nice cabins and the CG is within walking distance of downtown Moab and the Brewery.

http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/

Last edited:
Re: Slickrock reservations.

Hey Charles, That is where I will be staying this year too! After staying there for the last Fall Fling, I don't think I will go back to Slickrock! So much nicer facility at Canyonlands! The bathrooms are clean, HOT water, nice conveniance store/gas pumps, and very very clean! Not to mention, the high school band gets to wake you up every morning with their practice. I loved it!

There goes the neighborhood, Charles! I just reserved the cabin right next to you at Canyonlands. I have stayed there the last few Fall Flings and like the facilities and location much better than Slickrock. It is worth it the first time you have to go for a walk to find parts for your Jeep.
orig.jpg

See ya in October!

There goes the neighborhood, Charles! I just reserved the cabin right next to you at Canyonlands. I have stayed there the last few Fall Flings and like the facilities and location much better than Slickrock. It is worth it the first time you have to go for a walk to find parts for your Jeep.
orig.jpg

See ya in October!

FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Alex,

Looking forward to being CG neighbors.
See you there.

Charles
[/FONT]

Alex, what cabin # you in? I have friends in town who I usually stay with, but I may tent it instead, still undecided.

Jeff, I did not ask what cabin I would be in. You can bet if you ask the people at Canyonlands to put you near Charles and me they would do it! I would love to have you as a neighbor too!

BTW mods, maybe this would be a good time to chop this thread off into a seperate Canyonlands reservations thread? We're kind of wandering off topic here. :wierd:

Pretty sure I've been to both those campgrounds earlier in my life.. last time I was at Slickrock I was about 10 or 11 years old riding the loop on bicycles with a group of firefighters from my old man's firehouse. That was the very same week 4/20/99 (columbine) happened and a bunch of the firefighters (Littleton, CO station 13) went home. Cause that station is the first response to Columbine being a couple of blocks away. This would be my first time back in almost 15 years.

I think one time we stayed at the Slickrock CG but the cabin next to us was pretty loud an obnoxious most of the night. We packed up the next morning and stayed at Canyonlands (nice CG! if I remember correctly, lots of trees, quiet, secluded) I'm looking into this for my family's room and board. I don't know who all I'm bringing, Wife probably, we may or may not have the daughter/step daughter she may be with her dad that week, I'd have to see.. I'd love to talk my old man and my mom into coming with their stock unlimited.

Gotta get the time off work, possibly school, and start planning my head off and hoarding parts and getting my jeep in shape.

Should be an awesome opportunity, I'm looking forward to it!!

I'm staying at Slickrock but i'm sure there is a good possibility some of my fellow MWC members will be at Canyonlands so I'll stop through there and visit/meet some of y'all. :cheers:

The party will be at slick rock. They will be there to hang with you.

This ^^
Will be my 30th b-day was well while we are there. Is it October yet?

Jeff, I did not ask what cabin I would be in. You can bet if you ask the people at Canyonlands to put you near Charles and me they would do it! I would love to have you as a neighbor too!

BTW mods, maybe this would be a good time to chop this thread off into a seperate Canyonlands reservations thread? We're kind of wandering off topic here. :wierd:

I asked when I called to reserve a tent site and they didnt have you assigned a cabin, so chances are we'll all wind up in the same area just by asking.

Since there was interest in cabin availability; I contacted the campgrounds this morning to reverify my reservation; there are two cabins remaining for the time period of the event.

Back