• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog mount problems

FireghostXJ

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone had any problems with their mounts? The driver side mount seems to be too big for the mount on the engine causing the engine to move forward enough to make my drivers side fan rub the power steering reservoir and pulley.

Odd.

Call Brown Dog tech support--they are super people and stand behind their products, they will sort things out for you.

PS--I am running BD mounts with zero problems in my Renix.

Last edited:
I was having a similar problem after installing a SYE and getting rid of my t-case drop. I'm a cheapskate so I didn't use Brown Dog but I replaced both engine mounts and the trans mount. I was still getting rub so I took the plate that goes across the radiator studs and ovaled the holes forward. This leans the radiator forward about ¼" now and the rubbing is gone.

x2 on calling Brown Dog.

X3. Call them, they are super responsive. I think their number is included with their instructions and they actually encourage you to call.

Only thing I can think of would be tranny mount issues, not loosing the tranny mount during install and/or tightening down one side before getting both in place.

Either that or you got the wrong mount or your XJ is bent.

has anyone had any problems with their mounts? The driver side mount seems to be too big for the mount on the engine causing the engine to move forward enough to make my drivers side fan rub the power steering reservoir and pulley.

I know this may be rhetorical but not doing the install instructions perfect can cause problems. For example like not loosening the tranny mount and installing the drivers side first then moving to the passenger's side. It may be worth trying to instal the other one thinking they maybe confused the labeling.

Agree on calling them - their response time is pretty darn good here on the forums though (I've seen them show up in a thread where their name was mentioned within hours before!) so they might see this and reply here, if they happen to notice. Probably one of my favorite sponsors on here, can't say enough good things about them.

Wow! Don't know how I missed this thread! Yes, call us. Our phones are forwarded 24/7 for tech and installation assistance.

The only issue I had was squeezing the mounts into the factory cradles. tried a little dish soap as reccomended, and was able to wiggle them in.

I have the BD rubber mounts on my renix and no issues. Biggest pain was the pass side with the damn OFA in the way. WAs an excuse to replace o-rings tho.

The mount on the block isn't cracked is it? Check your bolts they could be lose.

I have had not had any problems with my brown dog mounts.

Back