• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

up country gas skid, right forum section?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
lol didnt know if this is oem or mod lol but I have a 97' se 4 door cherokee and I've acquired a up country gas tamk skid from a 98' and I know this goes over the tank, and under the hitch which lays the problem, once I drop the hitch and put the skid on, do I add a jamb nut to hold it on then add the hitch or is the hitch all thats going to be holding the skid up? I'm confused on that part lol

Drop the hitch and put up the fuel tank skid. If you don't have an extra set of hands (which I didn't), I found it easiest to hold it in place with a floor jack. Then put the hitch on over the tank, so the "wings" of the tank skid are sandwiched between the frame rail and the hitch. Then bolt the whole thing into the framerail nutcerts.

So the hitch is all that's holding it up then? Alright, just needed to know because I know later down the line I plan in getting the HD bracket relocator and didn't want to fumble with both the hitch and skid when doing it lol

Back