• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heads up guys.....Junk Yard Finds

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Make this my other help other karma kinda thread. Ill post findings here so its one thread.

Pick and pull at turner: if anyone is looking for a front Dana 44 axle with driver side drop, there is a full size Cherokee there.
Looks very recent but there is a white 98' 4door Cherokee with a busted front windshield, saw the sticker in the glove box so if anyone's looking for a Chrysler 8.25 29spline rear with a LSD its there also.
Couple of durangos with the steering box still on them.
Couple of Tuarus with the 8c607 radiator fans.
That's all for now

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the LARGEST selections of Cherokees in one yard...

205 Auto Salvage....
105th & Sandy - Portland, Or.
503-256-3232

l.jpg

One of the largest selctions of XJ's ZJ's, and YJ's I've ever seen in one lot.
Great people, good prices.
Be sure to tell 'em Josh from the XJ Talk Show sent you....
AND....if you mention you "heard it on the XJ Talk Show" ....you'll get 10% Off your purchase!!:thumbup:

6014-6136 Battle Creek Rd SE
It's called truck yard inc I think lol anyway, there is two wj there, both missing front axles but they still have their curved lower control arms if anyone wants the junk yard up grade.
Also there are two jeeps!! One is a TJ.. Missing front axle and engine but frame and tub still there in good shape.
The second I couldn't fully identify but I do believe its either a cj7 or cj5, it does have what appears to be a v8 but as far as conditions go it looks to have been rolled...

Turner pick and pull:
4 2door Cherokees, 3 are 96- and one is 97+
Some have rely seats so mj owners who want tilt, now you know where to look.
Bunch of 96- full gauge clusters. If you got dummy lights, here's your replacements lol
ymu5y4ap.jpg

8abyvu4u.jpg

a7yjy8en.jpg

There is also a dark ish green V8 grand Cherokee with a gas tank skid. There's write up showing how to modify them to fit a Cherokee so there's that also.
One of the 2doors(96-) has a 8.25 axle, don't have a clue on spline but as far as looking, its got LSD
So that's that for now

there is a wagoneer in a local junkyard, pretty fresh, this is a thread to see if anyone would be interested in parts off of it, if so i can pull them and we can finish the deal.

XJ/Wagoneer D44, i am 98% sure it is a 44, it has the metal fill plug, torx diff cover bolts, and looks like a 44...couldnt read the tag for gear ratio, but when i spun it, it appeared to be 354, could be 373 too.... had the drums brake lines and parking brake cables.

Wagoneer front clip.
everything was there, i dont know if the header panel is different or not, it is navy blue, but it had the grille and quad headlight surrounds.

wagoneer all red tail lights, the drivers side had a small chip out of it, but that was all behind the hatch when the hatch is shut

there was also a XJ front skid plate, and an XJ gas tank skid (96-)

also a renix comanchee there in good shape, it had a white tailgate in great shape no dents i could see, bed was great too it was a white with the red/orange graphics on the side, any other rare comanche parts people need?

if anyone wants this stuff i can pull next weekend...just a feeler thread. dont know if the parts will still be there then, but the jeep was pretty fresh in the yard so they wont toss it out soon.

thanks

The North Portland Pick-n-Pull currently has an XJ with the good OEM tow hooks on it. Could be a nice deal if you're willing to haggle with the counter guys (I doubt they have a price for tow hooks in their system). I think I also saw a '84-96 XJ with factory skidplates on it there recently (there usually seems to be at least one XJ there with OEM skids on it).

This yard always has a few ZJ's in it as well, good place to look if you want the parts for a rear disc swap, or some ZJ bucket seats.

They have a WJ there right now as well. Unfortunately it was hit hard on the driver's side & the driver's seat frame is all bent up. Pretty sure all the front axle stuff was still there when I saw it though.

Nopo Pick & Pull has a really nice '89 Wagoneer with only 133k, windshield "says runs & drives". Interior is really nice other than a few stains on the carpet & missing headliner. But the sweet Waggy seats, door panels & wood trim are all there and in great shape. Clearcoat is peeling bad but the body is really straight too. Pretty clean under the hood. Basically one of those rigs that makes you wonder why it's even in a junkyard. As of yesterday it's very complete other than the headlight surrounds.

Someone has grabbed the front knuckles, brakes, etc off the WJ I mentioned earlier.

Not really a junk yard but the car dealership next to the outlet mall in Woodburn has a giant pile of free tires, they added tires every so often. Right now I saw what looked to be a brand new 30"/9.50/15 bfg a/t and a roller/spare 32" tire. If anyone needs a spare its there

Turner pick and pull: lots of explorers with the external tranny cooler. Great swap over the stock fin-n-tube tranny coolers.

Turner pick and pull:
1. 99' SE jeep, most stuff are gone but it has its seats.... Which I swear haven't seen someone's ass since new lol they look to be perfect condition front and rear. The front are manual. If ya need seats they're there.
2. There is a jeep there that has factory bumper piece that bolts it to the crossmember, the L-shaped piece that connects the bumper mount to the crossmember.
3. Bunch of zj's with the gas tank skids, drill a few holes and you have a gas skid!
4. FSJ is back, has the driver side drop d44 axle. Hub section is gone though.
That's it for now

Heads up guys, got a Comanche at the turner pick and pull, sorry its only 2wd and a d35 rear but it does still have the tailgate..... Has the bench seat and looked to be a manual. Also there is a early model jjeep there with some rancho shocks. Not lifted but hey it's better than stock shocks.
Didn't stay too long so I didn't get to check everything else out

At the turner pick a part:
About 3-4 v8 zj with the upcountry packages, has the gas skids and longer front coils.
One white 97" xj in good ish shape, front end has been mangles but as far as I can see the interior is still got a lot of stuff.
One early model 2wd 4door. Has the front Ibeam axle and interior is good.
2-3 wj with the front lower control arms still on them. One has the front axle still but with no knuckles .
One of the zj has a budget boost lift with spacers, I think they're 1.5"-2" spacers.
One zj front skid sitting under a xj, don't remember which one.
One budget lifted xj, has heavy duty looking longer shackle in rear and spacer up front. A t case drop also.
Haven't been there for a whole so I haven't had a chance to update lol

Back