• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME spring questions

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a set of OME springs 2.5 inches. Besides shocks what else should I buy to put it together? T-case drop or ubolts?

Also, i was wondering if anyone would be intrested in helpping me put it together. i know I am a new member. But, i have no idea where to start.

I'll bring the beer.
Is there a Colorado jeep club?

97 cherokee 4.0l
Josh Smiley
5039 beach ct
denver, co 80221

I wouldn't worry about things other than the shocks, u-bolts, and maybe a set of 2* shims for the rear axle (to force the pinion down a bit). If you have vibes after install (unfortunately the '97 and later are more prone to it) talk to Tom Wood and get an SYE and new rear shaft. It's not the cheap way to fix the vibes, but it's the only sure way to do it if you are unlucky enough to suffer from their affliction.

I still miss my OME's ride and handling.

Welcome to NAXJA!

Bones :skull1:

Bones said:
I wouldn't worry about things other than the shocks, u-bolts, and maybe a set of 2* shims for the rear axle (to force the pinion down a bit). If you have vibes after install (unfortunately the '97 and later are more prone to it) talk to Tom Wood and get an SYE and new rear shaft. It's not the cheap way to fix the vibes, but it's the only sure way to do it if you are unlucky enough to suffer from their affliction.

I still miss my OME's ride and handling.

Welcome to NAXJA!

Bones :skull1:

The reason you miss it so much is because it actually ran under it's own power.

Back