• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30/C8.25 regear, locker question

Creeper2012

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 1990 XJ sport, 4.0, AX15 tranny. Currently running 3.55 gears in my D30 with a Powertrax no-slip locker and no locker in the C8.25. I just put a set of 33x12.50's on and I'm going to be regearing to 4.56's. Question is, I know I'm going to need a different carrier for the D30, but will the C8.25 carrier hold the 4.56's? Also, will I be able to reuse the powertrax no-slip up front after the gear/carrier swap?

D30 has had the one-piece axle conversion to eliminate the CAD if it makes a difference and I'm almost positive the C8.25 is a 29 spline, but I've not had it apart yet to count the splines. I've searched and found that I'll need the bigger carrier, but no findings on if the locker can be reused. TIA!

Yes and yes. The rear will hold the 4;56s just dandy and the locker will go right into the new front carrier.

Side note to get the locker in the front you will have to put it together before the ring gear goes on because the cross pin wont clear the ring gear. Or you could grind teeth but I wouldn't recommed that exept for the rear because theres no way around that when putting in a lunchbox locker.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Another question... know of a good place to get a combo gear package with rebuilds and a carrier? Looking at rough country and PORC right now, but they're both creeping up on $600. :eek:

Do naxja members get discounts at either of those sites (or any r&p sites)? How do I find out for future reference?
:wave1:
Not to be rude but look under your name, it says user not member.With the money you save being a member buying parts it will pay for itself. Check out becoming one to see the benefits you get.

X2 on RWS he is a great guy to deal with.

Ok, I'll look into the actual membership... these references are cheaper than the stuff I found before so BIG THANKS to you guys! Keep 'em coming if you have any more... can't try too many places talkin' about that kinda money, ya know.

you won't find a better price than RWK

Back