• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

plans for my 3rd xj

dachacho

NAXJA Forum User
whats up guys, decided to vent my thoughts on plans for my new 2000 xj sport. first off its definitely going to be strictly my daily driver plus mountain passes in winter and camping/dirt roads in summer. for a "lift" im getting rustys BB spacer and shackle just to clear 31" tires, i really like the look of big tires/minimal lift. ive recently deceided on the new toyo open country at2 31/10.5/15 they are a perfect balance of aggressiveness and tread life.. performance wise im gonna do a stock airbox with a widened inlet k&n drop in and a 63mm bbk throttle body as well as a simple muffler delete and 3.5" black slant cut tip, dont really care for expensive exhaust systems for the xj and i had flowmaster super 44 on my last one i just want agressive and cheap. other than that its just diff/t-case fluids and a trans service and maybe plugs if it needs it. eventually water pump and t stat. what do you guys think as far as lighting (something brighter maybe HID?) and exterior mods to just set me apart , i was thinking about rhino lining the bottom of the doors and flares.

62 or 63mm throttle body: www.strokedjeep.com
Widen the front of the air box, cut a hole in the header panel, and make a channel of some sort to allow cool air from the front into the box.
Keep a muffler. Magnaflow or I'd like to see how a Hooker Aero Chamber would work. It will sound like ass w/o one.
Hella, IPF, Cibies for lenses, upgraded wiring harness, higher wattage bulbs. Don't be one of those asshats with HID dropped in a halogen housing that blinds on coming traffic.

73363_10151229316512957_1859468910_n.jpg

annnd no longer original

I'll third the no muffler. I pulled mine apart right behind the CAT once while wheeling, and it is so loud I wore ear plugs on the trip home. That being said a good high flowing muffler really woke up my 2000.

Lighting. Autopals are better than stock, but Cebies are way better. They cast a much wider beam on dims than the Autopals. However both in my opinion need a good "wide" driving lamp to go with them for brights. I use a set of Explorer Pro Comp Fluted lamps to complement them .

Back