• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog light relay mounting?

gw204

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pretty sure this is the relay for the fog lights. It was loosely screwed to the inside of the fender and just didn't look to be a factory mounting. Can anyone confirm where this thing is supposed to be mounted?

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

FYI - I bent the mounting tab trying to get it to fit a little better. It was straight.

Also, what about that fuse holder w/ the red wire going to it? It was just lying on top of the wheel well. Is that correct, or should it be secured somewhere?

Thanks.

Upgraded headlight harness perhaps?

It's a relay, it can go anywhere.

If you are asking about the empty wire plug nest to the realy, all 1997-2001 have it, and it is always empty.

Its not a factory relay, nor is the fuse holder. It also looks like you have a lead coming off the + terminal on the battery. Mount it any where you like, but keep it out of moisture as much as possible.

I would unplug it and see what stops working.

It's a relay, it can go anywhere.

If you are asking about the empty wire plug nest to the realy, all 1997-2001 have it, and it is always empty.

Not if you have a Canadian XJ it's not. It's for the DTRL module (day time running lights)

After looking at the pics again I'm going to say that if you dont have the relay in the PDC (OEM location) for fog lamps and you do have them then it's probably a Mopar dealer fog light kit.

Not if you have a Canadian XJ it's not. It's for the DTRL module (day time running lights)

After looking at the pics again I'm going to say that if you dont have the relay in the PDC (OEM location) for fog lamps and you do have them then it's probably a Mopar dealer fog light kit.

That's what I'm thinking. Pulling the relay does prevent my fog lights from working and after looking at the routing of the wiring, it looks like it was a post-build installation.

Thanks guys.

Back