• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel injectors

bsr679

NAXJA Forum User
i have a few questions about injectors i was told today that there is a heat shield to protech the injectors also same person told that you can replace the jeep injectors with ones from a ford tarus any boby ever here this before

i have a few questions about injectors i was told today that there is a heat shield to protech the injectors also same person told that you can replace the jeep injectors with ones from a ford tarus any boby ever here this before

Year?

Engine?

Basic info?

I like this one better:

From Joe Peters and well stated. Sounds harsh but just makes sense:
"Let’s play a game.

You pretend that you are the only one that knows what year/engine/model, etc that you are asking about.

We will all pretend you never asked a question until you provide at least the bare minimum of information about your vehicle".

I haven't heard from anyone that you can use Ford Taurus injectors. The injectors from a 5.0L Ford motor are popular on older XJs with the 39 psi fuel system. Later model XJs bump the pressure up to 49 psi and I can tell you from personal experience that I saw a performance loss and mileage loss using the popular orange 5.0L injectors. I have never heard of factory injector heat shields for the injectors themselves. Later model XJs with the 99+ intake manifold have a heat shield that goes on the top of the manifold near the injectors that helps cut back on heat to the injectors so maybe that is what the person was referring to.

Another member on here will most likely chime in here and argue until he is blue in the face with what I am about to say so I will just give you my personal experience and you can decide from there. I used the Dodge Neon 0280155703 injectors in my 97 Jeep 4.0L and have had wonderful performance and mileage gains from these injectors. By far the best mileage boost from any performance modification I have done to my Jeep in the 10 years I have owned the Jeep and been working on modifying it. These injectors will work on any XJ older than 99. Some guys even use them in their older XJs running the 39 psi fuel system. I will only tell you that these injectors are popular for a reason in that most people experience positive results. I have no data to back this up other than what I see at the gas pump. There are other injectors that are out there that are said to be better by another forum member but there are harder to find and costly compared to the Neon injectors that can be had at most junkyards. Junkyard injectors are hit or miss and some will not recommend them at all. I have been running mine for over a year and they are doing great!

You do the research, read the testimonials, and decide for yourself.

I have to agree with Joe Peters, year, engine & basic info will get you a lot farther & a lot easier for the person trying to help you. On my 2000 there was a recall to add a heat shield to prevent debris from going on the exhaust manifold. There is also a technical service bulletin for a piece of heat shield material for the number 3 injector to prevent fuel percolation on that injector. This may be what your informant was telling you about. Your Jeep dealer should know about these issues & should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Back