• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which shocks ~ 7"-8" lift

papers

NAXJA Forum User
So I picked up a 99 cherokee mildly built on 35's and the rear shocks are crap. Want to replace em but most shocks I am seeing are for a lot less lift.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Thanks I appreciate the post, however I am honestly looking for a quick answer.

I have done all that not with the cherokee but with my buggy. This is just a camping/fishing wheeler.

Thanks I appreciate the post, however I am honestly looking for a quick answer.

I have done all that not with the cherokee but with my buggy. This is just a camping/fishing wheeler.

If you know everything with your buggy then why are you asking a question about shocks on a xj? You do know that you can relocate shock mounts on a xj to run shorter shocks. Also lift hieght has little to do with shock lenth shock lenth has more to do with when bumpstops hit and tires rub

FFS, its a simple question.

I.E. "I have a cherokee similar lift I am running ....."

I know I can relocate the shocks,.I could also four link it and run coil overs and air bumps.

Your not pirate step off your high horse.

XJ Cherokee ('84-'01) 8" Front 17.52" 29.92"XJ Cherokee ('84-'01) 8" Rear 17.67" 29.82"

Thats from rusty's offroad. Sorry.This is copy paste from his site.Look up XJ's on his site to see other numbers if you need them.
HTH

Rustys, clayton, iron rock and skyjacker all sell 8" kits and all have shocks on there websites sorry that's its so hard to spend 5 mins searching, summit racing also carries bilstiens aswell as many naxja vendors

I have a Full Traction 6" lift. When I got shocks I called Summit and they looked up Bilstiens for a 6" lift. I think they are too long, and only offer a couple inches of uptravel. I think they would work fine for a 7-8" lift.

Biggest question is.... Why the hell do you have 8" of lift? What are u running 42" tires? Good lord...

The answer to your question is:
The proper shock, is whichever shock FITS! That's pretty much common sense man. C'mon

They make these things called measuring tapes.

Biggest question is.... Why the hell do you have 8" of lift? What are u running 42" tires? Good lord...

The answer to your question is:
The proper shock, is whichever shock FITS! That's pretty much common sense man. C'mon

They make these things called measuring tapes.
you need 8" to be running 42's?

Cracks me up how hard some of these guys want to be one of the cool pirate 4x4 guys.

So much for friendly wheeling community getting each others back. Now its all about mine is bigger and I am better.

Nominated.

Want the wrong shock? OK, go look at a chart and buy whatever it says to buy.
Want the right shock? Measure your damn jeep. That's the "pirate answer" for a reason, it's because that's how you get the best results.

Quick Answer = getting the wrong Shock.

Do it once, do it right......measure.
hey man. easy there, you're not pirate. :yap:

you need 8" to be running 42's?
not a fair comparison, you've got the LCOG rear bench seat delete

Cracks me up how hard some of these guys want to be one of the cool pirate 4x4 guys.

So much for friendly wheeling community getting each others back. Now its all about mine is bigger and I am better.

We do have your back

We're trying to get you the correct shock

Back