• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another No Email Notification Problem

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
Im not getting all of my email notifications for threads im subscribed to as well.

And I got the box checked if that makes a difference

Mike

Guys...to help out a bit... please give us the e-mail addy you use in your profile.

BTW.... it is an unfortunate problem with all of the virus/trojan issues, as many ISPs are blindly blocking many e-mails. Not much we can do... but give us your e-mail addy, will look in the "bounced" pile"

I too am having problems. Under my user preferences I have selected "email notification" as my default. Yet everytime I post I still need to check it off manually or I will not be subscribed and will not get notification.

I am subscribed to the Street Jeeps forum, and have yet to get a notification, but it does appear in my User CP as a subscribed forum.

My email address is [email protected]
XJguy

xjguy, subscribing to a forum does not mean you will get an email with a new topic or post. A rather useless feature.... it is supposed to be more useful in the next release.

Yes, you must select each and every time that you wish to receive an e-mail. Unfortunately, too many people forget that they asked for an e-mail when the get a response...some get down right pissed about it. Some have even reported us as spamming them (though they are the ones that requested notification when they signed up). To better ensure we are on the good side of the many new laws, and ignorant people that think we are spamming them.... *you* must decide each time to receive an e-mail from NAXJA. No longer can NAXJA use the default *checked* checkbox that assumes people wish to be notified that a response has been posted. Also....the folks that sign up with fake e-mail addys (we are weeding them out slowly), or have crappy ISPs do not help the issue.

In short.... tell the forum each time if you want an e-mail.
subscriptions to forums do not, nor never have generated an e-mail. They most likeley will in the next version (currently in beta6).

Mr Fixer, sorry, that was a blind oversight. I just assumed you were all knowing, all seeing:D

The email addy im using with NAXJA is [email protected]

Thanks again

Mike

Back