• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door sensor cable

PahlMc

NAXJA Forum User
Two problems. One, my dome lights decided to stay on. So I messed with the door sensors and in the process one came off and fell back into the door jam. How the hell do I get to it? Haynes is useless and I don't want to just start tearing panels off unless I know I can get to it. It's the driver side door. 2001 Sport.

I don't think you can really get to anything in there... pretty sure your XJ just gained a new rattle unless you can fish it out through one of the holes in the sheetmetal behind the kick panel plastic.

Kinda like the 13mm impact socket rattle my MJ's passenger side frame rail had until I had to cut the bottom of the rail off to do rust repair. Got my socket back when I did that.

Haha that sucks! The kicker is the dinger doesn't go on when I forget to shut my lights off. Already almost killed my battery.

Second question. Where the hell is the fuse for the some lights? I pulled every one in the cab and the damn things stayed on!

Trust me I know haha. I went to the JY and pulled a couple sensors and I will have to test them and If they work I'll solder them in.. My thoughts are corrosion ruin them. Maybe spray some WD 40 on it if you get it back.

I believe the fuse for the dome lights is in the PDC. Dome lights, radio memory, maybe a few other things share that circuit.

Back