• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 limited slip help

rmonte4812

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone familiar on how to reassemble an 8.25 limited slip. I was going to change my cover this weekend and when I pulled the cover off I noticed an few chunks in the bottom of my diff housing. I was able to pull out the spider gears and install some new clutch parts. The problem is getting the gears back in. It seems like the clutch packs apply pressure making it hard to get the last two spider gears in and pin. Any ideas?
y5y6a9uh.jpg

You need a LSD rebuild kit for one. It will have new clutches and bellville spring, Randy's ring a pinion have em for $60. You need to remove the carrier from the diff if you haven't done that all ready, you need to compress both clutch packs to install the side and spider gears. I've done this with some 1/2" threaded rod, big washers and some nuts.

Thanks. Got her back together. Left carrier in and used all thread through the axle tube to the spiders to compress clutch disks. Worked out pretty good.
jydymupu.jpg

I want to Bo this and see if anyone has any info to the alternative set up for the slip clutch pack in the link, does it allow less slip, more traction, etc...

Back