• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crossmember question

03ghosthemi

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to start my 44/9 and 231 swap this winter and have a question. I am running Rustys long arm kit but I hate the crossmember. I would like to switch to a 3pc setup so I don't have to mess with the arms if I need to work on the drivetrain. I was looking at Clayton's crossmember and was wondering if it would work with the Rustys arms? From the pics on Clayton's site it looks like it might work. Any suggestions?

Yeah I was planning on calling them during the week to see what they had to say or at least get some measurements from them to check. I would just cut up the Rustys crossmember and make it a 3pc but my Jeep winter to do list is starting to get way too long.

Make the center section removable. Cut the crossmember on each side of the transmission and make it bolt back together. Ive done it with a few random crossmembers and it worked fine. Made bolt plates from flat steel and welded the plates to the crossmember.

Back