• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks

poppyseed

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, so I have a small (2.5 or 3 inch lift) on my cherokee with shocks that could probably support the weight of the jeep themselves. theyre that stiff. I do about 95% daily highway driving with the occasional weekend hiking dirt road trip. What are some decent shocks for less than $60/shock that are stiffer than stock but still comfortable on the highway? Also what kinda lengths am I looking for, I could measure but I'm sure someone knows this off the top of their head :thumbup:

less than 60 a shock? why not step up a few bucks more? for that size lift and the way you say you use the jeep i'd recommend old man emu shocks, they'll completely change your jeep.

OME, BDS, or DeutchTech.

If you shock retailer cannot tell you/give you the correct length shocks for your lift, buy them somewhere else.

less than 60 a shock? why not step up a few bucks more? for that size lift and the way you say you use the jeep i'd recommend old man emu shocks, they'll completely change your jeep.

I see they have two different styles, Nitrocharger and Nitrocharger Sport? Any recommendations or first hand experience?

i run JK shocks up front and MJ shocks in the back. All cheap monroe and cost less than 50 for all four. (had f150 shocks in the back but that was a little excessive unless i was towing something)

warning this requires a few modifications BPE's and such

I have bilstein yellows on my jeep, and they are pretty good. I'm not amazed.
Go for OME.
I'd avoid Monroe - I had bad experience with them on my Jeep.

I see they have two different styles, Nitrocharger and Nitrocharger Sport? Any recommendations or first hand experience?

Pretty sure my buddies are both running regular nitros on their TJs and my other friends dad lifted his Cherokee years ago before the sports came out. I'm not sure what the difference is, I'd imagine the sports are stiffer

I just put some Rancho 5000's on my XJ. Despite common criticisms that they are stiff, they ride great on and off road. They can be had for $50 a piece online with free shipping and no sales tax. A couple times a year they have a buy 3 get the 4th free promo going. They last a very very long time, too.

Yeah I have always like the rancho shocks, even if they are made by monroe. Id like to ride in someones ome equipped jeep before i commit to them.

i run OME nitro sports on a 3.5" lift, Daily drive and wheel it pretty hard for what it is..they are deadly shocks for a cherokee.
Call Dirk at DPG offroad.

you can take a chance with whatever shocks you like, but you cant go wrong with OME.

i run OME nitro sports on a 3.5" lift, Daily drive and wheel it pretty hard for what it is..they are deadly shocks for a cherokee.
Call Dirk at DPG offroad.

you can take a chance with whatever shocks you like, but you cant go wrong with OME.

Good to hear, Id love to go wheeling in BC this next summer. Its beautiful up there.

IMO rough country makes a decent shock for the money. The have a different options that are well under $60/shock. They are a little stiffer that factory shocks but still ride smooth on the road. I run the cheaper Hydro 8000 series shocks with 3.5" and are $29.95/shock.

Back