• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DOOR CHIME HELP!!!!

kyle_cantwell

NAXJA Forum User
My door chime will not go off i pulled every fuse and all doors are closed. its not saying the door is open because all the lights are off. i have the whole dash pulled apart and i cannot find that damn chime. im an electrician so im not dumb.. where is the chime??? what does it look like?! ive looked at all the other posts n not anyof them help. :explosion:explosion:explosion:explosion

ive also looked in my hanes repair manual at the diagram it says yellow wire?? the only place i see a yellow wire that sounds close to the chime is by my dimmer switch and i pulled that and nothing at all with that chime worked it kept goin off.... PS its a 1999 xj

Ah, didn't see the postscript reference to 99.

On the earlier models, there are three wires on the drivers door jamb switch (only the drivers door). One is ground supply, the other two are ground returns for (a) the cabin lighting and (b) the chime circuit. Pretty easy to test that, look for continuity between ground supply and the body, then look for continuity between the other two legs. Could be a defective door jamb switch too. Dont know if this applies to your '99 or not.

I believe the chime is part of the instrument cluster for the 97+.

Well, it is for sure in the 99 instrument cluster, so you win the cookie this time! :cheers:

ive also looked in my hanes repair manual at the diagram it says yellow wire?? the only place i see a yellow wire that sounds close to the chime is by my dimmer switch and i pulled that and nothing at all with that chime worked it kept goin off.... PS its a 1999 xj

Sent you a PM.

Back