• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a "US made" radiator source

Gonepostal

NAXJA Forum User
The radiator in the XJ is started its trip south and will need to be replaced soon. Looking for a US manufacturer and would love to avoid the Chinese beer can radiators. Any suggestions for a source?

These CSF 3 row, all metal (brass) radiators are the only thing I will ever use again!!!

I gave away 6 barely used ones recently. Non of the all aluminum ones will hold up to the bouncing around on the road. Last one I bought was $180 delivered IIRC, 12 months ago. Check Ebay.

My all aluminum one didn't last a year.
I have yet to read a post from a long term aluminum radiator owner that was happy. I read many posts about tank to tube weld leaks with in a year.

Loks like it will be CSF...too bad no one in the US makes a decent replacement.

Nice Drain Valve?

How about the drain valves? I can never get my big damn hands up there to work the drain petcock properly, do any of these have that nice 90o fitting and room for a hose?

I need to swap my rad and I think I might try to pickup some brass parts to at least turn it and put a hose barb on. If you have done this can you show it?

Thanks for the good leads - looks like CSF - if the Fan tighter on a CSF 3 row?

Not sure about fan clearance or drain valves.....I found a all metal CSF three core, part #2671 on Amazon for 189 and 208 with shipping to my front door. It's ordered and should be here in next week. I'll post up if no one else adds comments on the specs.

Thanks everyone for the leads and advice.

I'm running a CSF with a ZJ fan clutch. It's a little tight but not bad. Stock XJ clutch there is no clearance issues but I'd check my motor mounts to be sure.

Re: Nice Drain Valve?

How about the drain valves? I can never get my big damn hands up there to work the drain petcock properly, do any of these have that nice 90o fitting and room for a hose?

I need to swap my rad and I think I might try to pickup some brass parts to at least turn it and put a hose barb on. If you have done this can you show it?

Thanks for the good leads - looks like CSF - if the Fan tighter on a CSF 3 row?

Don't mess with the drains--just pull the lower hose.

Those drains will more than likely break or just start leaking once you mess with them.

Re: Nice Drain Valve?

Those drains will more than likely break or just start leaking once you mess with them.

I concur!!!! Also using the large bottom hose gets more of the solid junk out than the little elevated drain ever would.

Guess what? YOU'RE RIGHT! I tightened up that stupid wingnut POS and I think my leak stopped! I had crap blowing all over under the right side and I THINK it has stopped now.

I concur!!!! Also using the large bottom hose gets more of the solid junk out than the little elevated drain ever would.

Hmm, good tip about the solid gunk - had not considered that either!

Think I will go ahead andpick up the radiator though, because my oem rad is pretty tired in all fairness.

Sounds like all agree that CSF 3 row all metal is the best bang for the buck and will last. Yea?

Sounds like all agree that CSF 3 row all metal is the best bang for the buck and will last. Yea?

Absolutely. Only reason to buy something else, like a cheap one is if it is getting sold.

Back