• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Climate control broke

Built2kill

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been having issues with my heater and air not working. This morning I pulled out my climate control unit to find that the fan switch was toast! The pig tail was slightly melted/ connectors stuck to each other. 2 pins actually broke off the fan switch. Can a new be purchased or am I looking at just replacing the whole climate control unit? Any one have a clue what these run at the JY? It's cold as hell here in jersey so i need to get this back up. Thanks for your input and help.

So I have been having issues with my heater and air not working. This morning I pulled out my climate control unit to find that the fan switch was toast! The pig tail was slightly melted/ connectors stuck to each other. 2 pins actually broke off the fan switch. Can a new be purchased or am I looking at just replacing the whole climate control unit? Any one have a clue what these run at the JY? It's cold as hell here in jersey so i need to get this back up. Thanks for your input and help.

I looked in parts catalogs and couldn't find a seperate listing for the HVAC Control fan switch so I think you need to replace the Control as a unit.

JY price? Who knows. Call your local junk yards and ask.

Ah I actually found the part blower control switch online for like $10. But my next task is the wire harness I don't know if its salvageable since the wires are free moving in the plastic plug. They still have the connectors attached though

Ok so I replaced the switch, put new female connectors on the wires and replaced the resistor. Still nothing!!! I looked at the fuse under the good an the blower fuse looks fine as well as the kick panel fuse box. What next? Thanks for your help.

I ended up pulling a whole unit from the jy including pigtails for my old 95 iirc there is a vacuum component in it that had to have a good seal for it to work

I looked in parts catalogs and couldn't find a seperate listing for the HVAC Control fan switch so I think you need to replace the Control as a unit.

JY price? Who knows. Call your local junk yards and ask.

Autozone stocks the fan switch.

Interesting I see that vacuum component. Will that cause the blower to not even turn on at all? Is there a fix for it or just replace it?

No, it has nothing to do with the blower running or not. If the windshield wiper works, the blower motor is probably bad. It the wipers do not work it may be the ignition switch and burned up wiring there too, like you found at the blower switch. Pull that fuse and make SURE it is good!!!

Runs some jumpers to it from the battery to test it. Easy to find, tucked in the passenger side fire wall corner.

Found my problem! It looks like someone in the past extended the blower motor wires and one of the wires is loose in the connector causing no power to it.

But I do have one question, when it is on "heat" mode air only comes out the floor not the vents is that right? On vent and AC it comes out the vents.

That is correct, on heat it comes out the floor. On vent or AC it comes out the dash vents. On defrost it comes out defroster vent. If you have floor & defroster it comes out both the floor & defrosters.

Back