• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 grand cherokee rear suspension

lsc910

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 grand cherokee and the rear spring bushings are worn out. The dealer ship has 1 available the other is on backorder. They look the same is it possible to use the same one on both sides? the number I have is 52088379 from the dealer. Thanks for the info in advance.

Grand Cherokees do not have spring bushings. They are coils all the way around. Now if you're talking control arm bushing I'm 99% positive ZJ lower control arms are all the same (Meaning the front lowers are the same as the rear lowers also the same as Cherokee lowers.). The front uppers may be different than the rear upper, but the front upper are the same as XJ uppers.

Also heads up this is in the wrong forum. While I don't care others will give you flak for it.

EDIT: I googled the PN you have up there and it's for a spring isolator not a bushing. I'm pretty sure yes they are the same. FYI you can buy a set of 4 from Auto Zone for about $40.

Back