• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering upgrade = needed pitman arm advice

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I recently did the WJ knuckle sway, tie rod and draglink upgrade with OTA trackbar mount.

I currently have a 2" drop (might even be a 3 or 4" drop, cant remember its been so long) pitman arm and it is obvious to get my trackbar and draglink to be the same angles (need to raise the draglink frameside end up higher), I need a flat or one with a very very slight drop pitman arm.

What are my options? Please give me makes, models and/or years of vehicle pitman arms that will allow me to match up my angles.

TIA

Yeah, I was thinking that but couldnt rememeber how much, if any drop there was on OEM. If I went with a ZJ, it there a certain year that needs to be used?

thanks

Try a TJ pitman arm, it should be less drop than an XJ. I thought a ZJ was 1" more drop than an XJ.

Been doing some research and I guess 2 pitman arms will work for my application. Figured I would share in case someone else needs the same info. The stock XJ pitman arm is 5.5" from center hole to center hole.

1st choice: Chevy Astro or GMC Safari van 2wd 1995-2005 (5 7/8 center to center) straight
2nd choice: CJ-7 76-86 (5 1/2" center to center) slight drop

Last edited:
any particular year? by waggy I am assuming you mean the "fullsize" wagoneer version of the XJ?

Back