• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Tie Rod Question

Jhumphrey

NAXJA Forum User
While researching the ZJ tie rod swap, I came across a curious question that I cant seem to find the answer to. Why do a lot of people not do the drag link when they do the swap? Looking at Moog part #'s, I see that the drag link for the xj is a different part number than for zj. Are they in fact the same part, just separate numbers or do people just not mention having to swap the drag link as well?

I have read many post that give only the ZJ bar (tie rod) and end numbers. I havent really seen any that give the draglink as a must change part. Why is this?

I think there are minor differences between the drag links. The XJ drag link is still a solid, forged part.

What year is your xj? 92 and older is an upgrade.

Search for my posts on the subject. I got all 3 and compared them years ago.

Thanks all. I was wondering why it was never mentioned. I had read that the ZJ tie rod ends were "thicker", so it would be logical that the passenger side outer (the one coming from the drag link) would be thicker as well. Guess not.

Back