• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 xj dynomax install question

tomservo

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry for the 1,000th post regarding an exhaust. I'm having what looks to be "semi-normal" install issues. My question is regarding the rear most exhaust hanger. On the stock system mine had a rubberish loop that had two bolts which connected it to a flange on the original exhaust. Is that stock? I called Dynomax and they said it should have a normal style hanger. The problem is the funky clamp has nowhere to hook onto. I do have the stock tow package, not sure if that changes the design. I did read all (some) of the "i made my own tailpipe" threads, hoping I won't have to go that route.
BTW Dynomax said they never heard of any fitment issues on 01 XJ's. Thanks in advance!

I have an 01 as well and when I installed my Magnaflow catback, it wanted to hit the right side of the hitch. I had the same rubber loop you're describing, but mine was rotten. I found a similar replacement at the auto parts store that was skinnier, and I only attached to the more outboard of the two bolts. I rotated the ubolt inward and the smooth side of the ubolt rubs the spring just barely with a lot of droop. I've run this setup about 4 years.

u can put a clamp around that hanger to thats what i did and it worked good or take it off and get the long style hanger and just use self tapper's i did that also and if you have longer shackels and a hitch they will be fighting for the spot

Last edited:
I have a 99, but I beleive were talking the same hanger, should be a diamond shaped rubber isolator, one side slides on to the exhaust pipe hook, the other to a hook bolted to the frame? Perhaps some one has been up in your junk before you. I have the same exhaust on my rig. In that vein, spend the twenty bucks extra and ditch the crap u bolt connectors that come with the kit, get yourself some stainless exhaust band clamps (jegs, summit, ect) sooooooooo, much easier and cleaner and stronger to connect pipe to pipe.

Back