• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front shaft XJ issues

yeaducks

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. New to forum. Name is Nick. I have a 1996 xj 4cylinder 5 speed 4.5 RC lift. my front driveshaft took a hard hit on a rock and bent it bad. I am having a issue to find another 4 cylinder 5 speed in a scrap yard? i seen that stock shaft is 25 inch or so and stock from a 4.0 stick is 27. Would my lift able for me to use a front shaft from a 4.0 with no issues? or am i stuck trying to find a 4cylinder 5 speed? ((chicagoland area ((plainfield IL))

Thank,
Nick

Contact you local clutch and drive line shop. They can lengthen or shorten any junkyard XJ or ZJ drive shaft and may be able to re-tube your bent one.

Contact you local clutch and drive line shop. They can lengthen or shorten any junkyard XJ or ZJ drive shaft and may be able to re-tube your bent one.

^^^ What he said. Take your stock one to a driveline shop and have them re-tube it. Much easier and less of a hassle than trying to track down a 4 cyl 5-speed XJ shaft in a junkyard. I'm not sure how common they are around those parts, but around here... very rare. So rare that I have never even seen one, and I've worked on and played with a lot of XJ's.

Back